Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation Update


We are currently in McKinney on phase 4 of our 4 phase vacation. Let's back up and recap the fisrt 3 phases.


Phase 1: Visit McKinney for 3 days to see the FL Gross'. I hadn't seen Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Susie since my wedding and that was more in passing. We went to Six Flags Over Texas with the Flisowski's and had so much fun as you can see from the pictures taken from Six Flags. I even updated the blog while on the swings. My last night in McKinney we went to Cru Winebar in Plano. It was a very nice adult meal. I got a red wine flight and we all shared a cheese flight. I also had a delicious staek and shared choclate fondu with Susie. Yum Yum!


Phase 2: I left McKinney for Corpus Christi but stopped by our apartment in Bastrop for an hour or so to repack. I left for Corpus with the Sweeneys b/c Tracy had to work Friday night. Saturday and Sunday we spent at our marraige enrichment seminar at the Omni Hotel. The best part was hanging out with friends and talking about deployment/marriage things, oh and having dinner at Joe's Crab Shack on the pier!


Phase 3: We left Corpus Sunday afternoon and stopped in New Caney to see Tracy's Dad and sister for the night. Monday morning we left for a short drive to Nacogdoches. We took Addison's 6 month portraits and the next day took family pictures. I will post more pictures later, but for now here's one for your viewing pleasure! We enjoyed our time in Nach. It's always good to see family especially since Tracy won't see much family until Christmas!

Now for Phase 4: We are resting, washing clothes, and packing for our trip to Gatlinburg and Ft. Payne. My dad's parents live in Gatlinburg, TN and my Aunt Cindy lives in Ft. Payne where my mom's dad will also come up to see us. We are traveling tonight with the Lemmons and my parents. We guesstimate that the total travel time will be 18 hours with food/gas stops!

I"ll update you from the road!

No comments: